We have all been hearing a lot about Covid-19 or Coronavirus. What exactly can it do? How does an ill person feel when they have it?
Let get down to the nitty-gritty without long explanations. Some important facts you should know about Covid-19 is:
- Coronavirus is highly contagious due to the fact of it being so new.
- You can catch the virus by an infected person from droplets from 6 feet away when they talk, sneeze, or cough. You can also contract the virus by touching a surface these droplets have landed on and then touching your face.
- The virus can live for days on surfaces such as glass, metals, and plastics.
- The symptoms range widely from absolutely nothing to a cough or severe illness such as difficulty breathing, chest pain, and high fever.
Those are the basics we all know right? A new study by scientists indicates that coronavirus can cause enough kidney damage for the person to be on dialysis. Scientists conclude that 30% of patients have some type of kidney injury though previously healthy. They have reported a possible reason for this is because the kidneys are deprived of oxygen and can cause malfunctioning. To me, this makes complete sense because all organs in your body need oxygen. Once deprived of oxygen, damage can occur or possible tissue death if not treated seriously.
New findings also indicate that children are susceptible to severe illness from the virus than previously thought. Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome is rare but treatable; it is important to get your child to the hospital for treatment so no further damage is done. Symptoms include:
- Fever lasting days.
- Stomach pain.
- Vomiting or diarrhea.
- Swollen lymph nodes.
- Cardiac arrest, rare but the risk is still there.
I will be writing an article over what you can do to protect yourself and others from this virus. Follow and subscribe to me so you can get the article once it drops! Make sure to share this with loved ones and on social media!
P.S. I have provided URLs to the sites I researched for all information on this article. You can click on the links to get better understandings on the damage or CDC information this horrible virus can do.